Search This Blog

Powered By Blogger

Monday, May 31, 2010

Information Process Models

The Big6 model, the NSW Information Process model and Kuhlthau’s Information Search Process model all display similarities and differences as Information Process Models in enhancing student’s learning abilities and outcomes on the principle of lifelong learning.

All three processes have a six-step process and rely on metacognitive skills and scaffolding in order for success.

I tried to Big6 with a stage 3 class a few weeks ago, and I must say it wasn't hugely successful. I put this down to the fact that I didn't teach each skill fully or well enough before giving the students the research task. I also feel that like me, my students are more familiar and comfortable with the NSW model as an information process model.

No comments:

Post a Comment